Friday, October 7, 2011

My New Favorite Soup...Loaded Baked Potato!

Have I mentioned how much I love my crockpot?! So much so that the knob has fallen off and the handle is broken...still does the job though! A new one is on my Christmas list for Santa ;0)
I tried out this new soup recipe last night and it is AMAZING! It is super filling though so don't make the mistake I did and eat too much...you will have a stomach ache!



Ingredients:

2-3 lbs. pototoes, NOT peeled
1/2 large yellow onion
5 whole garlic cloves
3 cups chicken stock
1 can cream of chicken soup (sorry...forgot to put in the picture)
8 oz. cream cheese
salt & pepper (to your liking)

Garnish:

shredded cheese
bacon
anything else you like to put on your baked potatoes (I wouldn't recommend sour cream...this is already creamy enough)

Dice the potatoes into about 1/2 in. cubes


Chop up the onion...I let my Pampered Chef chopper do the dirty work


Add potatoes, onion, WHOLE garlic cloves, chicken stock, cream of chicken soup & salt and pepper to the crockpot. Cook on high for about 3 hours then switch it to low for another 2 hours.


After about 5 hours fish out the whole garlic cloves and about 1/3 of the soup and puree. I LOVE my Magic Bullet...this thing is so handy!


Add the puree back to the crockpot and stir in the cream cheese. Cook on low for about another hour, stiring occasionally.


Dish up and garnish with your favorite toppings. Serve it with a nice crisp salad and a crunchy baguette.


Good manners: The noise you don't make when you're eating soup ~ Bennett Cerf

3 comments:

  1. ooohhh, this is SOOO on my menu for supper next week!!! :) I will let you know how it goes. What, no cornstarch??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this recipe gets an A+++!!!! for you garlic lovers out there, try putting in one of the garlic cloves (or 2!) when you puree the soup. This is DEFINITELY a filling and satisfying soup!!! THANKS, NICOLE!

    ReplyDelete