Friday, November 4, 2011

Taco Soup

I think I could eat soup everyday during the fall and winter. I love throwing a bunch of ingredients into the crockpot in the morning and having a yummy dinner in the evening and not having to think of "What's for dinner?" all day long. I wanted to try out my new crockpot last night and this recipe is one of my favorites (I'm a sucker for any sort of Mexican dish). It's super easy and full of flavor and you can garnish it any way you like!



Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, with liquid (not pictured)
1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid (I like the Southwestern style)
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
2 cups water
2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced petite tomatoes
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers or diced jalapeno peppers
1 package taco seasoning mix





Brown ground beef and saute chopped onions. Drain.

Add browned ground beef & onion and remaining ingredients to crockpot. Stir together.
Cook on high for 4 hours then switch to low for another 2-4 hours.

Serve and garnish however you like. I like a little sour cream, shredded cheese and avocados on mine!
Frito chips and shredded cheese is awesome too.
Enjoy!

The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star. ~ Anthelme Brillat-Savarin


No comments:

Post a Comment